Job title: Personal Development Support Assistant
Grade: Grade 4, Points 4 – 6, £21,189 – £21,968 FTE (£15,063.58 – £15,617.39 pro-rata)
Working Pattern: 37hpw (Term Time Only)
Monday – 8:00am – 15:30pm Tuesday – Friday 08.00am – 16:00pm
Contract: 1 year temporary (subject to funding)
We are seeking to recruit a motivated and enthusiastic Level 2 Teaching Assistant to provide one to one and group support for pupils. The main duty of the role will be supporting the delivery of work in the Exclusion Room, reinforcing learning and behaviour routines, encouraging full integration into class activities and fulfilling duties associated with areas of individual need. The area of work will be in behaviour and pastoral support and will include supporting children who are facing challenges and/or presenting low-level challenging behaviour.
We are looking for someone who: –
• is able to use positive language when dealing with children who are presenting behaviour issues;
• is able to maintain a calm, empathetic yet firm approach to children who are presenting challenging behaviour;
• is able to work well under time constraints.
• has experience or the willingness to undergo training
• Is confident around children
• Is friendly and approachable
• Is a solid team player
• Has excellent communication skills
• Has the ability to work with children and their families in a sensitive and positive way
• Has planning, organisational and some IT skills
• Has a strong record of attendance and a professional approach.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate a strong work ethic and will have a flexible approach to the tasks they undertake. The position will be ideally suited to someone with previous experience working within a busy school environment.
If you feel you have the skills required, we look forward to hearing from you. If you would like to find out more about the position please contact Stacey Morris, HR Assistant, on 01282 506200 or email@example.com
Closing date for applications:
Tuesday 31 January 2023
To apply for this job please visit www.btrcc.lancs.sch.uk.